February 18, 2016 4:30 pm
On Saturday, March 12th at 2:00 PM, WTTW in partnership with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events and Kartemquin Films presents a free screening and discussion celebrating 50 years of Kartemquin Films.
Original Kartemquin Collective members will be present for a panel discussion and Q&A from the audience after the screenings.www.kartemquin.com/ktq50. Highlights of our 50th anniversary year will include:
- A Milestones gala event on June 24, 2016 at the Harris Theater, preceded by a dinner reception at the Chicago Cultural Center. This evening will reunite and celebrate many of our filmmakers, subjects, and partners from across five decades. The Honorary Chair is Chaz Ebert. Contact Mo@kartemquin.com for tickets and sponsorship details.
- A 50 years of Kartemquin art exhibit featuring historical photographs, artwork, and video and film mechanics. The exhibit will be open May 20, 2016 through August 20th.
- Free online streaming of every Kartemquin film in chronological order week by week at http://watch.kartemquin.com, starting with the very first film, Home for Life (1966), on January 1, 2016.
- Throughout 2016, monthly WTTW PBS broadcasts of our films.
- Multiple retrospectives and premiere screenings across the nation, including at the UCLA Film & TV Archive in Los Angeles in fall 2016.
- A series of Chicago screenings and events.
- Various workshops, panels, and master classes hosted by our filmmakers and associates.