June 21, 2013 2:39 pm
Kartemquin-related projects have an impressive presence among the Chicago Digital Media Production Fund 2013 awardees. A total of 5 projects with connections to us have been selected for grants ranging from $4,200 to $10,000, and all the projects will be completed and viewable online by May 2014.
- '63 Boycott, a full Kartemquin project directed by Gordon Quinn and produced by Zak Piper.
- Chicago Shareef, directed by Nushmia Khan, former KTQ Intern (spring '13).
- Public School Closings in Chicago (working title), directed by Rachel Dickson, former KTQ Intern (spring '13).
- Les Oiseaux (working title), directed by Jeff Perlman, former KTQ Intern (spring '11).
- South Chicago: In Progress (working title), directed by David Granskog, former KTQ Intern (fall '12).
We're very proud of these producers and their projects. Read more about them here.
The Chicago Digital Media Production Fund is a project of Voqal and is administered by Chicago Filmmakers. The goal of the fund is to support media arts projects intended for online distribution. Guidelines stipulated that digital media of any length or genre would be considered, but projects needed to promote progressive social change, be appropriate for youth, and be made available for viewing for free online in order to reach the widest possible audience. The fund was intended to support artists with varying levels of experience; both to recognize accomplished individuals, as well as to provide opportunities for emerging and younger artists.