Almost There has a flurry of festival appearances ahead. The film was recently announced as an official selection at True/False, Cleveland International Film Festival, Sebastopol Film Festival, Geneva Film Festival, and Wisconsin Film Festival.
Fresh from a great experience at Big Sky (read all about it), and sold out shows in Chicago and Grand Rapids, Aaron Wickenden and Dan Rybicky's film - which world premiered at DOC NYC in November 2014 - has great momentum heading in to spring and beyond. The film's confirmed list of appearances is now below, and with more due to be added soon.
- February 28 / 1PM at Big Muddy Film Festival in Carbondale, IL.
- March 6 / 5:00PM / Little Ragtag at True/False, Columbia, MO.
- March 7 / 9:45AM / The Vimeo Theater at The Blue Note at True/False, Columbia, MO.
- March 7 / 8:30PM / Forrest Theater at True/False, Columbia, MO.
- March 13 / 7PM at Geneva Film Festival, Geneva, IL.
- March 14 / 1:15PM at Geneva Film Festival, Geneva, IL.
- March 20 / 5:30PM at Cleveland International Film Festival, Cleveland, OH.
- March 21 / 11:40AM at Cleveland International Film Festival, Cleveland, OH
- March 29, 12:45PM at Sebastopol Film Festival, Sonoma, CA.
- April 3 / 7PM at Wexner Center for the Arts, Columbus, OH.
- April 9-16 at Wisconsin Film Festival, Madison, WI.
Congratulations are also due to Almost There co-director Aaron Wickenden, who spent the weekend at the Oscars as the editor of Finding Vivian Maier, an Academy-Award nominee for Best Documentary.
With a noted tradition of nurturing emerging talent and acting as a leading voice for independent media, Kartemquin is building on more than 50 years of history as Chicago’s documentary powerhouse.
Kartemquin is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Guidestar
© 2018 Kartemquin Educational Films
Sign up for the Kartemquin newsletter
Get film updates and special deals