Kartemquin's latest in association project Wuhan Wuhan will WORLD PREMIERE at DOCNYC, November 11th - 19th as part of the INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVES and SPOTLIGHT ON CANADA programs.
Included with the screening ticket is an exclusive pre-recorded Q&A with Director Yung Chang, Producer Diane Quon, Producer Donna Gigliotti, immediately following the film.
Grab tickets for $12.
DOC NYC is at the center of celebrating and supporting this cultural movement. Among its missions, DOC NYC aims to:
- CURATE: guide audiences, industry and press toward inspiring work.
- SUPPORT FILMMAKERS: provide filmmakers with educational, networking and promotional opportunities throughout the year.
- CULTIVATE NEW AUDIENCES: attract local and international newcomers with the excitement of a festival atmosphere.
- CREATE SOCIAL SPACE: bring audiences and filmmakers together to engage with documentary.
- MAKE THE MOST OF NYC: foster fresh connections between residents and expose visitors to the opportunities that happen “only in New York.”
ABOUT THE FILM
When COVID-19 broke out in Wuhan, China, the city went on a lockdown, making it difficult to get a clear sense of what was happening. Award-winning filmmaker Yung Chang (Up the Yangtze) teams with a group of intrepid videographers to capture life at the epicenter of the pandemic. The portraits include a couple expecting a baby, quarantined families in a byzantine shelter, medical workers, and a psychologist. In a time when the world needs greater cross-cultural understanding, Wuhan Wuhan is an invaluable depiction of a metropolis joining together to overcome a crisis.