Maria Finitzo's The Dilemma of Desire will be streaming as part of the AMERICAN PERSPECTIVES program at the 2020 DOCNYC Festival, November 11th - 19th.
Grab tickets for $12.
DOC NYC is at the center of celebrating and supporting this cultural movement. Among its missions, DOC NYC aims to:
- CURATE: guide audiences, industry and press toward inspiring work.
- SUPPORT FILMMAKERS: provide filmmakers with educational, networking and promotional opportunities throughout the year.
- CULTIVATE NEW AUDIENCES: attract local and international newcomers with the excitement of a festival atmosphere.
- CREATE SOCIAL SPACE: bring audiences and filmmakers together to engage with documentary.
- MAKE THE MOST OF NYC: foster fresh connections between residents and expose visitors to the opportunities that happen “only in New York.”
Included with the screening ticket is an exclusive pre-recorded filmmaker Q&A, immediately following the film.
ABOUT THE FILM
In this timely and radical film about female desire, gender politics, and sexuality, director Maria Finitzo invites us to share intimate conversations with women on a mission to reverse a patriarchal legacy that excludes female empowerment through omissions and distortions. Sophia Wallace’s artwork on “cliteracy” acts as a powerful framing device as the film explores such issues as the lack of clitoral details in anatomy books, the need for redesigning toys for female pleasure, and the use of one’s own body as an act of resistance.