Kartemquin is funded nationally by a broad base of corporations, foundations and government sources. Our operation would not be sustainable without the support of these organizations.
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- The Chicago Community Trust
- City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs IncentOvate Grant
- City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs CityArts Grant
- The Elizabeth Morse Charitable Trust
- Horizon Pharma
- Illinois Arts Council Agency
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Chicago Committment
- The National Endowment for the Arts
- The Reva & David Logan Foundation
- The Sage Foundation
- The Virginia Wellington Cabot Foundation
- Voqal Fund
Kartemquin's work would also not be possible without support from our broad base of individuals that make up our KTQ community. Here is a list of all of our current KTQ Members and their level of giving:
- Changemakers: Edgar Bachrach; Richard Colburn and the Negaunee Foundation; Melissa Sage Fadim; Susan Morrison; Kenneth O'Keefe; Jason Stephens
- Champions of Craft: Peter and Lucy Ascoli Family Fund at the Chicago Community Foundation; Patricia Aufderheide; Yvonne Afable; Deborah Bucci; Leslie Buchbinder; Ryan Degraffenreid; Stuart Fagan; Adrianne Furniss; Matt Hammer; James G. Hart Foundation; Bradley Henderson; Vicki Heyman; Cheryl Mendelson; Clark Pellett; Laura Poitras; Elspeth Revere; Judith Rhinestine; Neal Robin; Ellen Rudnick; Adam Singer; Marci Walker; Steve Whisnant
- Community Builders: Jennifer Baryl; Susan Berghoef; Kay Berkson; Lary Best; Caty Borum Chattoo; Eric Conley; Jessie Ewing; Alex Gibney; Meg Gerken; Virginia Mortensen; Pat O'Connor; Mark Rodriguez; Gordon Quinn; Bettylu and Paul Saltzman; Erica Mann Ramis; Kristine Richards; Nick Wall; Sheila Wolfe
- Friends of KTQ: Kym Abrams; Robert Accarino; Leith Adams; David Alexander; Danny Alpert; Pamela Sherrod Anderson; Beverly Bahm; Susan Baker; Ann Baker Riker; Sara Berliner; Nicole Bernardi-Reis; Marietta Bowman; Jason Bradford; Maurice Bresnahan; Mark Brewer; Leslie Brown; Janice Carlisle; Rosemary Caruk; Chris Claeys; Sarah Chapman; Elizabeth Coffman; Ken Cook; Alexis Cooke; Sam Cothern; Judy and Bill Cottle; Vera Davis; Joyce Deep; Ira Deutchman; Mike Demetriou; Fenell Doremus; Craig Duff; Claire Feinson and Carl Dahlke; Marilyn Ferdinand; Mary Filice; Julia Fischbach; Thea Flaum; Judy Flayderman; Heather Frazier; Jo Friedman; Denise Gelb; Meredith George; Melissa Godoy; Robert Gordon; Howard Greynolds; Wayde Grinstead; Lynn Hanessian; Richard and Edna Harrison; Emily Hart; Erica Hartman-Horvitz; Christie Hefner; Kip Helverson; David Hernandez; Martin Hernandez; Frey Hoffman; John Iltis; Kevin Jackson; Noah Temaner Jenkins; Rich Jernstedt; Suzanne Jurva; Gordon Kane; Tom Knoff (in honor of Bill Siegel); Sheila Haennicke; Peter Jaszi; Naomi Kistin; Karen Klutznick; Teresa Krone; Tim Konn; Marge Lakatos; Joan Laser; Erika Leaf; Ruth Leitman; Jennifer Levine; John Lindsay; Maureen Loughnane; Dana Maksimovich; Ann Manikas; David Marienthal; Betsy Martens; Tracye Matthews; Lisa Mazurowski; Marcy McCall; Brent McDonald; Kevin McGurn; Rondell Merrill; Mindy Moore; Annie Morse; Peter Mortensen; Mary Morrissette; Patty Offer; Charles Padorr; Heather Parish; Mary Lou Petty; Kitz Rickert; Joan Rockey; Glo Rolighed; Amalie Rothschild; Rachel Rozycki; Beth Ryan; Risè Sanders-Weir; Lisa Schenkman; Garrett Schlosser; Eric Scholl; Eva-Maria Seeto; Rupa Shah; Diane Simpson; John Sirek; Israel and Debora Smith; Jeff Spitz; Burke Stansbury; Susie Steinberg; Melissa Sterne; Deborah Stracco; Emily Strong; Alida Szabo; Chris Tanz; May Tchao; Jerry Temaner; George Terrell; Alan Thatcher; Tori Thomas; Victoria Thomas; Sharon Walker; Yvonne Welbon; Susan Welter; Aaron Wickenden; Max Whisnant; Frank Wuliger; Peter Zapf; Joanna Zarach
- KTQ Members: Louie & Barbie Abramovitz; Beth Asaf; Bernadine Baines; Jan and Donald Barshis; Kathy Bartalone; Liz Cook Bugbee; Lainey Canevaro; Maura Daly; Christine Dudley; Matt Eckford; Sylvia Ewing; Carole Harmel; Tyler Jay; Patricia Lydon; Molly Matthias; Layney and Matt McGinn; Eli Mendelson; Sandi Mendelson; Jackie Moore; Patricia Mortensen; Justine Nagan; Marcy Null; Diane Quon; Allison Rickard; Megan Rork; Lauren Rosenberg; Lisa Rosenblate; Julie Sanders; Martha Kovner Sesnovich; Jiayan Shi; Susan Shure; Journey Steward; Jan Sutcliffe; Andrew Suprenant; Deb Tolchinsky; Drew Weir; Shira Werb; Jack Willis; Steven Wilner; Christina Yiallouris; Phil Zepeda
Contact Joanna Lakatos at firstname.lastname@example.org | 773.472.4366 for more information about how your company can join our distinguished family of Kartemquin Supporters.
Interested in becoming a KTQ Member? Join today! Contact Max Asaf at email@example.com | 773.472.4366 if you have any additional questions about the membership or your benefits.
The support of our members allows us to continue nurturing filmmakers and supporing the crucial films they make. As a thank you for your generosity, you will receive the following benefits at various levels of giving.
- $50 KTQ Member
- Behind the scenes newsletter
- Listing in our website & Anual Report
- 50% Yearly Discount at KTQ Store
- $100 Friend of KTQ
- All benefits of KTQ Member level plus:
- Year-long Streaming Access to KTQ Films Library
- Exclusive Previews and Events
- $500 Community Builder
- All benefits of Friend of KTQ level plus:
- 1 Ticket to 1 KTQ Chicago Theatrical Premiere
- Surprise Gifts
- $1,000 Champion of Craft
- All benefits of Community Builder level plus:
- 2 Tickets to 1 KTQ Chicago Theatrical Premiere
- Invites to select KTQ Labs
- $5,000 Changemaker
- All benefits of Champion of Craft level plus:
- 2 Tickets to all KTQ Chicago Theatrical Premieres
- Lunch with KTQ leadership and tour of KTQ
What you'll be supporting
Your generous donation helps support our operations and programs such as:
- Filmmaker support program: Help emerging and established filmmakers conceive, create, and share their new projects.
- Diverse Voices in Docs: Help us mentor emerging filmmakers of color.
- KTQ Labs> Free feedback screenings & consulting for in-progress documentaries.
- KTQ Internship Training the next generation of social issue filmmakers.
- KTQ Archive Preserve & conserve over 50 years of Chicago and film history.
- Media Advocacy Ensure a vibrant and diverse independent public media.
- KTQ in the Classroom Provide resources to inspire youth activism & creativity.
With a noted tradition of nurturing emerging talent and acting as a leading voice for independent media, Kartemquin is building on more than 50 years of history as Chicago’s documentary powerhouse.
Kartemquin is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Guidestar
© 2019 Kartemquin Educational Films
Sign up for the Kartemquin newsletter
Get film updates and special deals