Matt joined Kartemquin Films in the fall of 2018. Prior to joining the team Matt earned his chops editing short videos for nonprofit organizations as well as working as a freelancer on a number of films, including Kartemquin’s Abacus: Small Enough to Jail and America to Me.
Matt now oversees and manages Kartemquin’s postproduction workflow. In conjunction with KTQ’s post team and its filmmakers, Matt provides support in all stages of editing.
He studied Film & Digital Media at the Savannah College of Art and Design, in Savannah, Georgia. Soon after, Matt moved to Chicago to follow a girl and somehow convinced her to marry him.
Growing up in St. Louis, Missouri, Matt has retained his love for the St. Louis Cardinals. Some other interests include traveling, soccer, and pretending that anyone is actually reading his bio.
Films by Matt Taylor
- Wuhan Wuhan 2021
- Post-Production Supervisors
- Finding Yingying 2020
- Post-Production Supervisor
- Represent 2020
- Post Production Supervisor
- We Are Witnesses: Chicago 2019
- Additional Editing, Post Supervisor/Color Grading
- Eating Up Easter 2018
- Post-Production Supervisor, Digital Colorist
- Cooked: Survival by Zip Code 2018
- Additional Graphics & Animation, Additional Kartemquin Staff
- Abacus: Small Enough to Jail 2016
- Additional graphics