The 2016 Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival announced their full line-up today, unveiling 232 films from 51 different countries, including 69 world premieres & 49 international premieres. Included in the line-up at North America's largest documentary festival are eight completed Kartemquin films, and our in-progress film Eating up Easter will also be pitching in the prestigious Hot Docs Forum.
Screening in the festival's Redux program will be a double-bill of our classic documentaries Inquiring Nuns (1968) and The Chicago Maternity Center Story (1976). Kartemquin's artistic director Gordon Quinn and Director of Communications and Distribution Tim Horsburgh will attend the screening, which honors Kartemquin's 50th Anniversary, on May 4th at 5:30pm.
Previously announced as the 2016 Hot Docs Outstanding Career Achievement Award Winner, Steve James will be present in Toronto for the screening of six of his acclaimed Kartemquin documentaries: Hoop Dreams (1994); Stevie (2002); At The Death House Door (2008); No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson (2010); The Interrupters (2011); and Life Itself (2014).
We're delighted to have such a strong presence at one of the world's best film festivals, and would like to thank the programming team for giving us this great opportunity to share our work with the festival attendees. Tickets are on sale now for all screenings.
Kartemquin at Hot Docs 2016 (click titles for ticket link)
- The Interrupters: 29/04/2016 12:30 PM Hart House
- No Crossover: 04/05/2016 12:30 PM Scotia 7
- Eating Up Easter pitching in Hot Docs Forum 04/05/2016 (for All Access Pass holders only)
- Inquiring Nuns and The Chicago Maternity Center Story: 04/05/2016 5:30 PM Innis Town Hall
- Life Itself: 05/05/2016 3:00 PM Lightbox 1
- Hoop Dreams: 06/05/2016 10:00 AM Bloor (Docs for Schools Screening)
- Hoop Dreams: 07/05/2016 12:30 PM Lightbox 2
- Stevie: 08/05/2016 12:30 PM Lightbox 4
- At the Death House Door 08/05/2016 5:30 PM Scotia 7
With a noted tradition of nurturing emerging talent and acting as a leading voice for independent media, Kartemquin is building on more than 50 years of history as Chicago’s documentary powerhouse.
Kartemquin is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Guidestar
© 2018 Kartemquin Educational Films
Sign up for the Kartemquin newsletter
Get film updates and special deals