Kartemquin operates with a core of administrative staff supporting a network of independent filmmakers and program alumni. We're a united community passionate about the way we produce social issue documentaries.
We are happy to meet talented new people who share our vision and can enhance our team. Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. You may also want to learn more about how we work.
If you are an emerging filmmaker, the best way to join the Kartemquin community is through our internship program. It is open to graduates within two years of completing their course, and is structured to allow you to develop into becoming a working filmmaker. Former interns are usually our first choice as future collaborators and employees. Apply here. If you are a filmmaker of color with more experience, please look at our Diverse Voices in Docs program, our annual producer mentorship program.
Kartemquin Educational Films is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity among our board, staff, filmmakers, and interns. We recruit, hire, train and promote without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected status.
CURRENT JOB LISTINGS
Job Title: Finance Associate
Supervised by: Andrea de Fraga
Status: Part time
Hourly or Salary: Hourly
Exempt or Nonexempt:
Approximate Hours Per Week: 25
Hourly Wage Rate:
• Enters billing and invoicing information
• Runs reports on both operations and individual film finances
• Communicates financial information to vendors and filmmakers
• Maintains accuracy of database records against other systems
• Liaises between Finance Department and filmmakers
• Works with filmmakers to make approved changes to their budgets
• Monitors Kartemquin credit card activity
• Assists Director of Finance as necessary
• Updates and improves operations database system
• Assists staff with database operation
• Maintains vendor and customer information
• Self-driven, detail-oriented, responsible individual with good communication skills
• Accounting or financial experience
• Coding experience is a plus
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Finance Associate” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls please.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only respond personally to the applicants who best meet our needs for this position.
Kartemquin Educational Films is an equal opportunity employer.
When you make a contribution to Kartemquin, you enable us to continue telling the stories of the people whose lives are most directly affected by social and political change and who are often overlooked or misrepresented by the media. Thanks to your crucial support, for over 50 years our films have helped to provoke essential dialogue, both in communities and between the general public and policymakers.
With a noted tradition of nurturing emerging talent and acting as a leading voice for independent media, Kartemquin is building on more than 50 years of history as Chicago’s documentary powerhouse.
Kartemquin is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Guidestar
© 2018 Kartemquin Educational Films
Sign up for the Kartemquin newsletter
Get film updates and special deals