Kartemquin is funded nationally by a broad base of corporations, foundations and government sources. Our operation would not be sustainable without the support of these organizations.
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- The Chicago Community Trust
- City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs IncentOvate Grant
- Ebert Foundation
- The Elizabeth Morse Charitable Trust
- Horizon Pharma
- Illinois Arts Council Agency
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Chicago Committment
- The National Endowment for the Arts
- The Reva & David Logan Foundation
- The Sage Foundation
- The Virginia Wellington Cabot Foundation
- Voqal Fund
Kartemquin's work would also not be possible without support from our broad base of individuals that make up our KTQ community. Here is a list of all of our current KTQ Members and their level of giving:
- Changemakers: Edgar Bachrach; Richard Colburn and the Negaunee Foundation; Melissa Sage Fadim; Susan Morrison; Kenneth O'Keefe; Jason Stephens
- Champions of Craft: Peter and Lucy Ascoli Family Fund at the Chicago Community Foundation; Patricia Aufderheide; Yvonne Afable; Deborah Bucci; Leslie Buchbinder; Eric Conley; Ryan Degraffenreid; Fenell Doremus; Chaz Ebert; Stuart Fagan; Adrianne Furniss; Matt Hammer; James G. Hart Foundation; Bradley Henderson; Vicki Heyman; Cheryl Mendelson; Clark Pellett; The Pritzker Pucker Family Foundation; Laura Poitras; Elspeth Revere; Judith Rhinestine; Neal Robin; Ellen Rudnick; Adam Singer; Gail Waller; Steve Whisnant
- Community Builders: Jennifer Baryl; Susan Berghoef; Kay Berkson; Lary Best; Caty Borum Chattoo; Andrew Davis; Jason Domanski and 1871 Chicago; Maria Finitzo; Meg Gerken; Virginia Mortensen; Pat O'Connor; Anne and Tony Ruzicka; Gordon Quinn; Bettylu and Paul Saltzman; Erica Mann Ramis; Kristine Richards; Marci Walker; Nick Wall; Sheila Wolfe
- Friends of KTQ: Kym Abrams; Robert Accarino; David Alexander; Danny Alpert; Pamela Sherrod Anderson; Beverly Bahm; Susan Baker; Ann Baker Riker; Bernadine Baines; Philip Berman; Marietta Bowman; Jason Bradford; Leslie Brown; Janice Carlisle; Rosemary Caruk; Chris Claeys; Alexis Cooke; Judy and Bill Cottle; Vera Davis; Joyce Deep; Ira Deutchman; Mike Demetriou; Mary Filice; Julia Fischbach; Thea Flaum; Judy Flayderman; Heather Frazier; Denise Gelb; Meredith George; Elizabeth Gifford; Peter Gilbert; Melissa Godoy; Robert Gordon; Howard Greynolds; Wayde Grinstead; Lynn Hanessian; Richard and Edna Harrison; Emily Hart; Erica Hartman-Horvitz; Christie Hefner; David Hernandez; Martin Hernandez; John Iltis; Kevin Jackson; Noah Temaner Jenkins; Rich Jernstedt; Gordon Kane; Clarissa King; Sheila Haennicke; Peter Jaszi; Barbara Kirschner; Naomi Kistin; Karen Klutznick; Teresa Krone; Tim Konn; Lance Kramer; Marge Lakatos; Erika Leaf; Ruth Leitman; Jennifer Levine; Maureen Loughnane; Patricia Lydon; Dana Maksimovich; Ann Manikas; David Marienthal; Betsy Martens; Tracye Matthews; Leah Mayers; Lisa Mazurowski; Brent McDonald; Beth McDowell; Kevin McGurn; Rondell Merrill; Mindy Moore; Annie Morse; Peter Mortensen; Mary Morrissette; Patty Offer; Chad Owen; Charles Padorr; Heather Parish; Mary Patrick; Diane Quon; Liz Reeves; Joan Rockey; Mark Rodriguez; Glo Rolighed; Amalie Rothschild; Beth Ryan; Lisa Schenkman; Garrett Schlosser; Eric Scholl; Eva-Maria Seeto; Rupa Shah; Diane Simpson; John Sirek; David Sperling; Jeff Spitz; Susie Steinberg; Melissa Sterne; Alida Szabo; Chris Tanz; May Tchao; Jerry Temaner; Sharon Walker; Yvonne Welbon; Susan Welter; Max Whisnant; Lisa Young; Peter Zapf; Joanna Zarach
- KTQ Members: Beth Asaf; Karen Babine; Jan and Donald Barshis; Kathy Bartalone; Robin Blauvelt; Liz Cook Bugbee; Lainey Canevaro; Joel Carp; Sarah Chapman; Maura Daly; Christine Dudley; Monica Fox; Matt Eckford; Sylvia Ewing; Rita Hackett; Amy Halpin; Tyler Jay; Jacqueline Lapuck; Mya Magleby; Molly Matthias; Layney and Matt McGinn; Eli Mendelson; Sandi Mendelson; Jackie Moore; Patricia Mortensen; Justine Nagan; Phyllis Rabineau; Allison Rickard; Megan Rork; Lauren Rosenberg; Lisa Rosenblate; Julie Sanders; Risè Sanders-Weir; Martha Kovner Sesnovich; Jiayan Shi; Susan Shure; Journey Steward; Jan Sutcliffe; Andrew Suprenant; Pat Taylor; Deb Tolchinsky; Drew Weir; Shira Werb; Steven Wilner; Christina Yiallouris; Phil Zepeda
Contact Joanna Lakatos at firstname.lastname@example.org | 773.472.4366 for more information about how your company can join our distinguished family of Kartemquin Supporters.
Interested in becoming a KTQ Member? Join today! Contact Max Asaf at email@example.com | 773.472.4366 if you have any additional questions about the membership or your benefits.
The support of our members allows us to continue nurturing filmmakers and supporing the crucial films they make. As a thank you for your generosity, you will receive the following benefits at various levels of giving.
- $50 KTQ Member
- Behind the scenes newsletter
- Listing in our website & Anual Report
- 50% Yearly Discount at KTQ Store
- $100 Friend of KTQ
- All benefits of KTQ Member level plus:
- Year-long Streaming Access to KTQ Films Library
- Exclusive Previews and Events
- $500 Community Builder
- All benefits of Friend of KTQ level plus:
- 1 Ticket to 1 KTQ Chicago Theatrical Premiere
- Surprise Gifts
- $1,000 Champion of Craft
- All benefits of Community Builder level plus:
- 2 Tickets to 1 KTQ Chicago Theatrical Premiere
- Invites to select KTQ Labs
- $5,000 Changemaker
- All benefits of Champion of Craft level plus:
- 2 Tickets to all KTQ Chicago Theatrical Premieres
- Lunch with KTQ leadership and tour of KTQ
What you'll be supporting
Your generous donation helps support our operations and programs such as:
- Filmmaker support program: Help emerging and established filmmakers conceive, create, and share their new projects.
- Diverse Voices in Docs: Help us mentor emerging filmmakers of color.
- KTQ Labs> Free feedback screenings & consulting for in-progress documentaries.
- KTQ Internship Training the next generation of social issue filmmakers.
- KTQ Archive Preserve & conserve over 50 years of Chicago and film history.
- Media Advocacy Ensure a vibrant and diverse independent public media.
- KTQ in the Classroom Provide resources to inspire youth activism & creativity.
With a noted tradition of nurturing emerging talent and acting as a leading voice for independent media, Kartemquin is building on more than 50 years of history as Chicago’s documentary powerhouse.
Kartemquin is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Guidestar
© 2018 Kartemquin Educational Films
Sign up for the Kartemquin newsletter
Get film updates and special deals